ROASTED SWEET POTATO SALAD WITH LEMON + GARLIC TAHINI DRESSING
Roasted vegetables are probably one of my favourite things to cook all year around. The roasting adds such a great flavour to the potatoes.
For this recipe, I season the potatoes with a combination of earthy and warming spices. I then pair it with spicy red onion, fresh parsley, and a bright lemon + garlic tahini dressing.
It’s the real deal, guys.
MAKES 4 TO 6 SERVINGS
4 c. sweet potatoes or yams, cut in 1-inch cubes
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
1/2 c. fresh parsley, finely chopped
zest of 1 lemon
hemp seeds, to garnish
1/4 c. tahini
juice of 1 large lemon, about 1/4 c.
1 clove garlic
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c. warm water
1/2 tsp. sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place the sweet potato in a large baking pan, toss with coconut oil, and season with cumin, paprika, cinnamon, and sea salt. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender. Remove from the oven and let cool.
3. While the potatoes are roasting, prepare the dressing. In a small high-powered blender, place the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, water, sea salt, and black pepper, and combine until well blended.
4. To assemble the salad, combine the sweet potatoes, onion, and half of the parsley in a bowl. Add the tahini dressing and stir gently to combine.
5. Serve atop a bed of fresh baby kale or your favourite salad greens. Sprinkle the top with the reserved fresh parsley, lemon zest, and hemp seeds.